(Game Review) Ragnarok Online

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Title: Ragnarok Online
Year: 2002
Genre: RPG
Platform: Windows
Developer: Gravity

Ragnarok Online is one of the longest running massively multiplayer online role-playing game in the world. It was created and developed by Gravity. Ragnarok Online has been running for 9 years and it is showing no sign of slowing down. It's because of Ragnarok Online's large fan base in the whole world. It also has an anime adaptation, Ragnarok The Animation. 

You start the game as a novice or what I'd like to call a starting adventurer in the kingdom of Rune-Midgard. You're task is to train and be the best player in your server. It may sound boring but let me tell you that achieving the top is no easy feat. It requires hard work and the determination to succeed. 

Ragnarok Online is based on Norse Mythology so I suggest playing it if you are a huge fan of Thor, Fenrir, Loki, Chaos, Valhalla, Valkyrie, and more terms from the Norse Myth.

You can choose from 10 different first job classes in which 7 of those 10 have second job classes. 

Ragnarok Online has a user friendly interface especially to new players. You start on a training map wherein you are taught the basics of the game such as combat, talking to npcs, selling, and buying. 

The world of Ragnarok is also gigantic. You'll have an exciting time if you like travelling because you'll experience a world of adventure when you are playing. You can cross deserts, search forests, climb mountains, explore ruins, and even go on a snowy adventure

The game also has a soothing audio which makes you feel at home. In fact, I got some of the background music of Ragnarok Online and I placed it on my ipod so that I can listen to it when I go to sleep. 

Ragnarok Online may be old but it still packs a punch against those newer online games which requires an expensive gaming rig for you to play. I started playing Ragnarok Online just a few days ago and I was totally addicted to it by now. Many people are saying that it's going downhill but I beg to disagree. I still see many players playing the game and no, the players I see are not bots. In fact, I joined the bot hunting team in my server to flush out the 3pp users in our community. 

If you want something old school then I totally suggest playing Ragnarok Online. A great stress reliever whenever you need it.

7/10 

More Game Reviews.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Seilogy